Ster Group believes that the establishment of trust and privacy is instrumental to the continued growth of the Internet. We also believe that the efficient collection, use and transfer of information serve to enhance the development of the Internet and electronic commerce, provided that such information is handled in a fair and responsible manner.
In this Policy, Personal Data means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly (together with other information that is reasonably likely to come into Ster Group's possession), such as your name, e-mail address or telephone number.
Ster Group is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website. This policy outlines our personal information handling practices for both online and offline data. If you give us personal information, we will treat it according to this policy.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, you can visit the Ster Group website without providing any Personal Data about yourself. When Ster Group collects any personal information on our corporate website, we will express our need for the personal data at the point of collection. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. The purposes, for which your Personal Data is collected, are described below, along with a brief description of how your Personal Data may be handled in each case.
- Communicating with you. We will follow up on comments and other requests that you submit to us through our website, such as online queries or registering your attendance at a conference. This may include calling you back by telephone or communicating with you via email.
- Direct marketing and promotion. Direct marketing and/or promotional efforts by or on behalf of Ster Group may include providing you with specific information that you have requested online or providing more general information about other Ster Group offerings. When we collect Personal Data for direct marketing or promotional purposes, however, we generally offer you appropriate choices regarding the use of your Personal Data. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
- Recruitment. If you submit a resume or job application online, we will use your Personal Data for recruitment-related purposes, which may include contacting you via email, telephone or post. Except where you request otherwise, Ster Group may keep your Personal Data on file for an appropriate time in order to consider you for other employment opportunities with Ster Group in the future.
- Supplier administration. Some Ster Group websites enable third-party suppliers to register their interest in supplying products and services to Ster Group. We will use this Personal Data in connection with entering into or performing a transaction with the supplier and for other procurement-related purposes.
- Maintaining the website and conducting customer satisfaction surveys. We will use your Personal Data in order to maintain and improve our website. We may also use your Personal Data in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Compiling aggregate statistics regarding the use of its website.
We need your help in keeping the personal information you have shared with us accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Ster Group does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data. Please visit the OnGuard Online website for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
Cookies and clicktrails
Ster Group is a global organisation. Whilst we have distinct legal entities (e.g., country subsidiaries) in many parts of the world, our internal processes and infrastructure are international in scope and nature and generally cross country borders. Accordingly, you should be aware that we may share your Personal Data inside Ster Group and transfer it to countries in the world where we have data centres or otherwise do business. Some of these countries do not have specific data protection laws and so may provide less legal protection for your Personal Data. In these instances, Ster Group will process your Personal Data in the manner described by this Policy and in accordance with applicable law.
Like many organisations, we use third-party suppliers to collect, use and otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our practice is to require such third parties to handle Personal Data in accordance with Ster Group's privacy and security policies.
Like many organisations, Ster Group may reorganise its business operations from time to time, whether by buying new businesses or selling or merging existing businesses. This may involve us disclosing Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers of parts of our business, or receiving personal data from potential sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate confidentiality protection for Personal Data disclosed in these types of transactions.
Sensitive Personal Data
As a general rule, Ster Group does not collect “Sensitive Personal Data” through its website. “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or concerning health or sex life. By volunteering unsolicited sensitive Personal Data to us (e.g., by submitting your resume or a job application online), you expressly consent to your Personal Data being used as described in this Policy.
Accessing, correcting, updating and deleting Personal Data
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, or would like to request a copy of your Personal Data, then please contact us. Also, if you consider your Personal Data to be incorrect or wish to have it deleted, then please contact us so that Ster Group may make any necessary updates, corrections and/or deletions.
Data security and integrity
Ster Group uses various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we collect, use or transfer from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, you should be aware that, due to the open and unsecured character of the Internet, Ster Group can not be responsible for the security of transmissions of the Personal Data over the Internet. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Third party websites
Notification of changes to this Policy
This Policy was last updated on July 20, 2013. In order to check updates to this Policy, please consult this page on a regular basis.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org